Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Have Me Know, Yahweh, My End and The Measurement of My Days - Psalm 39

I don't have anything particularly profound to say about this Psalm, but when I read it yesterday and used it as my morning prayer it reminded me of this: I can't wait to immerse my own kids (future kids at this point) in the biblical texts and have them know the Psalter well.

There's so many good reasons that the Psalter has always been popular, but one is that there's a psalm, it seems, for every sentiment and every situation in life. How many young people today seriously contemplate their end? How many think about their death, and linked to that what or whom there hope is in?

What are other reasons you enjoy (or maybe don't enjoy!) the Psalter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reformation True

Reformation True
Sola Gratia, Sola Fide, Sola Scriptura